What we do
- To work towards securing affordable access to safe, tasty, healthy food for this and future generations in Birmingham . . .
- through collaborating with people and organisations who share our values . . .
- while recognising we are part of a wider global community.
INDEPENDENCE INCLUSIVITY INFORMATION
- To hold people, bodies and organisations to account who are not delivering on our purpose
- To use our independence, supported by evidence and reputation, to inform and persuade others to follow our purpose
- To be ‘defenders of reason’; we say what organisations or Government cannot or will not say; we do not patronise
- To influence individuals and communities to understand our purpose at a household, neighbourhood and city level
We have three strategic aims:
- To work towards Birmingham decision-makers and its people having greater insight into how people’s choices and food and the food sector change the city and agricultural landscapes locally and globally — and how the impact of our choices can enhance the city’s reputation and well-being
- To collaborate with people and organisations who share our values and can add to our understanding of how we can achieve our purpose
- To build a sustainable organisation with strong leadership and direction
* * *
We also collate useful publications, which can be found under ‘useful info’ here.
Our Annual Reports and accounts are published here.