We know have a Panel of Experts that is six-strong. So far, we have (in alphabetical order)
- Professor Tim Benton, the UK Champion for Global Food Security
- Dr Rosemary Collier, Director of the Warwick Crop Centre
- Professor Chris Elliott, Director of the Institute for Global Food Safety, also leading the HMG Elliott Review into the integrity and assurance of food supply networks
- Linda Hindle, former consultant dietician, now Lead Allied Health Professional for Public Health England
- Chris Mould, Executive Chair of the Trussell Trust
- Pam Warhurst, one of the founders of Todmorden’s Incredible Edible, now its Chair.
We decided to recruit a Panel of Experts for three reasons. First and foremost, it allows us to be up to date on the latest thinking in the disparate disciplines to do with food and food supplies.
Secondly, it gives us a ready and willing group of knowledgeable people whose brains we can pick when needed!
Thirdly, it also provides Birmingham with the chance to communicate the great things that are happening in the city to people who are key participants in influential networks.
As for them, each has told me how pleased they are to hear about what’s happening here. And they’re glad to contribute their thinking to help a major UK city become an even better place.
We’re in their debt.