This is a list of the blogposts supporting my presentation to the 12th January Lunar Society meeting on Zoom entitled Food Security: Is the UK already in crisis?
Where relevant, blogposts support info/comment on what I said then, plus my responses to some of the (many!) questions raised during the meeting via chat or in the Q&A.
- Part 1: Pears grown in Argentina, packaged in Chile
- Part 2: Food security: How can we assess if the UK is already in crisis?
- Part 3: Economic access to food
The following three blogposts under the heading ‘Safety, assurance and integrity’
- Part 4: Inspection, sampling & testing capacity and capability
- Part 5: Worker safety, modern-day slavery
- Part 6: ‘Drug-foods’ that damage human and planetary health
Under sufficiency, there are two blogposts:
followed by three blogposts giving a total of seven examples using the function map:
- Part 11: Two examples using the function map to ‘see’ the food supply landscape differently
- Part 12: Three more examples using the function map to ‘see’ the food supply landscape differently
- Part 13: Seeing CO2 shortages & Covid through the lens of the function map
The last two blogposts in the series are:
- Part 14: What threatens our food supplies?
- Part 15: When and how do we prepare for future food shortages and scarcities?