- To work towards securing affordable access to safe, tasty, healthy food for this and future generations in Birmingham . . .
- through collaborating with people and organisations who share our values . . .
- while recognising we are part of a wider global community.
INDEPENDENCE INCLUSIVITY INFORMATION
- To speak out when people, bodies and organisations are not delivering on their espoused purpose
- To use our independence, supported by evidence and reputation, to inform and persuade others at a household, neighbourhood, city and national level to pursue our purpose
- To be ‘defenders of reason’. We will say what organisations or Government cannot or will not say
We have three strategic aims, underpinned by specific objectives which the Board reviews quarterly:
- To work towards Birmingham decision-makers and its people having greater insight into how the food sector can change the city and agricultural landscapes locally and globally — and how its impact can enhance the city’s well-being and its reputation
- To collaborate with people and organisations who share our values and can add to our understanding of how we can achieve our purpose
- To build a sustainable organisation with strong leadership and direction
* * *
Information about the activities and projects we do to implement our Strategic Plan is here.